Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Graduation Day

We graduated from Dr. X today.  Graduation Day is typically a happy occasion, but I'm not feeling overjoyed.  I'm very sad to be leaving the very competent care of of Dr. X and her staff.  I've been seeing these ladies once a week for over a year now.  They are kind, honest, have my best interests at heart and above all that, they really really know what they are doing.  Every last one of them.  We walked into that office on January 6, 2014 with no hope of having a child of our own, and walked out today - 14 weeks pregnant with twins.  It's really unbelievable.

The compassionate care we've received has helped us get through one of the most challenging periods of our life.  It's a difficult parting of ways.  I'm sure my new OB will work out just fine, but I have a special place in my heart for these ladies.  A gratefulness I'll never be able to adequately express.  

They assured me that I look great, and that babies are doing fantastic.  They said we would be in good hands.  Gave us a few last bits of advice for the remainder of our pregnancy and presented us with two very special little gifts.  A "Graduation Gift" they called it.

Babies' first spoons.  Silver spoons at that!  ;)    

We are proceeding with faith that our new doctors will have the same interest and care to guide us through a healthy pregnancy and the birth of our babies.

It's been amazing to see God's grace working through these wonderful people.  To see that miracles do happen to ordinary people.  Our lives are forever changed.

May God continue to bless them and the extraordinary work that they do for families every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment